In an effort to keep my blog moving forward I decided to link up with DoodleBugs and do a Five for Friday. This week was pretty busy for it being summer break and here are some of the highlights from it!
1. One of the biggest things that happened this week was orientation on Monday for my new teaching job! I was very excited to meet some more teachers that will be working in the same charter school network and was very impressed with the overall day (despite that it is very hard for me to sit still for 7 hours)! We got to learn a lot about the history of the organization, about each of the schools, and the different insurance packages available. Who knew that insurance would cause such a headache!? I still have NO idea what packages I will be selecting!
2. Over the course of this week Honey Bunch Blog Design has been working hard on a new design for my blog – please tell me you didn’t really think it would stay stark white forever! I have approved their design and it should hopefully be live soon. I am so excited for everyone to see it!
3. To start off our week we took a visit to Canton for First Monday Trade Days to grab some things for the new condo.
We were able to maintain our composure for the most part and only walked away with 2 barn wood frames for pictures that we bought at an art festival a few weeks ago, 2 nightstands, a bench for the foot of the bed, and two awesome burlap pillows featuring where we each attended graduate school! If you love these pillows, she has a ton more for different colleges in TX, LA, and OK and I’m sure could make them for anywhere else – here’s a link to Caliente Company’s FB page. Basically it was an all about decorating the bedroom trip!
4. Last night I set up a DonorsChoose account and created a project so that I will hopefully be able to get non-fiction books donated for the classroom library and read aloud choices that I’ve been compiling. I know the importance of good literature, especially non-fiction texts at this age but I have no idea how teachers manage to accumulate an effective classroom library their first year! Hopefully my project will be approved soon and I can provide the direct link to it.
5. Last, but certainly not least, I have to share the recipe that we made last night for chicken enchiladas with avocado sauce! These are now one of my all time favorite enchiladas and the recipe could not be more simple! If you happen to make them, please let me know how much you love them!
Happy Friday everyone!