My first week of summer classes is OVER! Clearly that means that it is time for a brain break and to share my week with everyone. Let me just say that this week back in grad school has me feeling completely drained! Two courses (Learning Environment & Professionalism and Diverse Learners) being covered in 3 weeks and 2 days of M-Th classes is a blur and I almost never feel “caught up.”
So what better way to take a break and share about my week than to link up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for her 5 for Friday linky party.
1. First of all, I am so excited that my DonorsChoose project has been approved and is now live! I have become overwhelmed lately thinking about all of the materials that I need to have for my scholars to be successful. I know that many teachers say that you can accumulate a classroom library over time, but I am worried that my scholars will be at a deficit if I can not provide them with a rich library filled with fiction and non-fiction texts during my first year. I am so humbled that my DonorsChoose project has already been doing so well. If you would like to view the project please go to MyDonorsChooseProject
. DonorsChoose is even matching donations dollar for dollar by typing in the code ‘INSPIRE’!
2. As I have already mentioned, classes have started back! This has honestly consumed the majority of my time this week. It is very stressful moving through courses this quickly, but both of my professors are great and I have been learning SO much the past few days!
3. Today is our 2 year anniversary! I am so happy to have reached this milestone and look forward to many more.
This is us in Berlin over our New Year’s trip in Europe!
4. We got our Pedro the donkey pictures into the reclaimed barn wood frames that we picked up last weekend in Canton!! It felt so good to get the photos that we bought almost 2 months ago into proper frames. Our bedroom is finally starting to take on the feel that we are looking for. Here is a peek at the finished work!
5. Finally, beginning on Thursday afternoon I have started going through staff development training at the cheerleading gym that I coach at. I know a lot of people don’t really like to go through staff development, but ours is definitely a great time while also getting a lot done.